If you want to use Advanced Software Management to install all the patches for a specific application, or all the applications for a specific vendor, follow the procedures below.
NOTE: Following this procedure results in a one-time install. Automatic software approval can only be set up according to patch severity, not vendor or application.
Advanced Software Management must be enabled for you to patch third-party applications. To purchase an Advanced Software Management license, contact your Barracuda sales representative.
Identify the patches to install
1. In Service Center, click Advanced Software Management > Manual Software Approval.
2. If Advanced Filtering is not displayed, click the Advanced Filtering button.
3. In the Advanced Filtering section, do the following:
· In the Vendor box, select the name of the software manufacturer.
· If desired, in the Product box, select the name of the software application.
· In the Approval box, select Not Approved.
4. Click Apply.
5. Select the checkboxes of the patches you want to approve.
6. Click Change Approvals.
7. In the Approval box, select Install.
8. Click OK.
Set up the schedule and devices to install on
NOTE If you use auto-application rules, make sure your policy is a member of an active service or the rules will not be applied. If you use manual application, this is not required.
1. In Service Center, click Configuration > Policies > Advanced Software Management.
2. Click New to create a policy, or click the name of an existing policy.
3. Click the Settings tab.
4. Click Modify.
5. Do one of the following:
· Select the Install as per applicable Execution Schedule option button.
· Select the Override Execution Schedules checkbox and set the schedule.
6. Click Save.
7. Do one of the following:
· Click the Auto-Application tab, then add the rules that will select your devices.
· Click the Manual Application tab, then Click either of the Add buttons and add groups and devices.
8. Click Save.