How to migrate an Onsite Manager
Since the release of Managed Workplace 2013 and the change in our licensing, we can no longer include third-party software in our install package. This complicates the onsite manager migration as there is no longer a pause between the SQL installation and the onsite manager software installation where we used to restore the database.
NOTE: Using the Onsite Manager installer downloaded from the Service Center is not supported. You will need the full installer from the partner portal to proceed.
The following steps allow for a quick and seamless migration using the new installer:
- Ensure that the Onsite Manager is fully up to date this can be checked in the Service Center > Update Center > Products
- Install SQL 2014 Express and SQL Management Studio on the new Onsite Manager server, ensuring you select a named instance and specify an instance name of LPIMWOMEXPRESS
- Uninstall the Onsite Manager software
- Perform a backup of the MWData database using SQL Management Studio
- Copy the backup to the new server
- Restore the database backup to the new LPIMWOMEXPRESS instance using SQL Management Studio
- Ensure the Compatibility level of the database under Properties -> Options is set to at least 2014
- Download the Onsite Manager package from the partner portal
- Unblock the package, Unzip and run SetupOM as administrator
- Continue through the installation