This article assumes that devices are already under a Patching policy in Managed Workplace and not running under Dual Scan.
- Navigate to Patch Management
- Select Settings
- Select Synchronization
- Ensure Upgrades are selected in the Classification settings
- Then under Patch Management
- Select Patch Approval
- Search for “Feature Update to Windows 10” leaving all other options at “All”
- Locate the patch(es) for the correct build version and installed languages on clients that are to be updated
- Change the approval to Install for these patches for “All Computers” or applicable approval groups individually or selecting multiple then clicking Change Approvals
- Allow the next patching cycle to complete
NOTES: If the approval is changed within 24 hours of the next scheduled patching cycle the patch may not install until the following scheduled patching cycle. Also, the “Upgrades” classification can be added to an Automatic Approval to be set to install Automatically. Finally, versions of Windows 10 might have an enablement package that needs to be installed. Please see MS article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4517245/feature-update-via-windows-10-version-1909-enablement-package for further information.