If an Onsite Manager Device is being moved into a new environment (for example a laptop is brought onsite for sales pitches), there are some steps you must take to ensure that the new install of the Onsite Manager will work properly when brought to a new location:
- Uninstall Managed Workplace via Control Panel.
- Delete folder C:\Program Files\Level Platforms and C:\Program Files\Level Platforms (x86), if present.
- Use Regedit.exe to access the registry:
Export registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Level Platforms for backup purposes
Then delete key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Level Platforms
- Use SQL Management Studio Express and connect to SQL instance OM_NAME/LPIMWOMEXPRESS.
- Get the properties of MWData and go to the FILE tab to find the file location of the MWData DB.
- In SQL Management Studio Express, right click on MWData and go to TASKS and then Detach, place a checkmark in drop connections and click OK.
- Go to the file system location of MWData from step 5 and delete or move the MWData.LDF and MDF files.
- Your Onsite Manager is ready to be re-used at a new site.